I’ve been thinking a lot the past few days about point #3 from my previous blog entry: gaining exposure for our cause and for our blog in particular. I’ve been so happy to find likeminded Christians, and I thank God that He’s brought us altogether to fight for a precious young man. That said, however, I wish there were far more of us in this mission to lead Jahar to Christ. There is something so powerful about God’s people uniting for a single cause.
So what I intend to do with this blog entry is to brainstorm ways to gain exposure for our blog as well as get more people to pray for Jahar. I’m going to mention ideas that I’ve already done or ideas that I’ve thought of. Some might be crazy, some might be too much. That’s why I’m bouncing them off all of you. Let me know what you think.
1. Pass out flyers at Christian events, such as music festivals.
2. Talk to our Christian friends about Jahar.
3. Talk to people at the churches and ministries we attend and possibly go around to other churches and ministries in our towns and do the same.
4. Share our blog posts on social media whenever we post.
5. Tweet our blog at Christian music artists, pastors, Christian authors, Christian athletes, etc. (basically Christians with influence).
6. Submit a story idea or an article about our blog/mission to Christian magazines such as Relevant that take submissions.
7. Contact media organizations and tell them about our blog (they might be interested to see people supporting Jahar for reasons other than being a fangirl or thinking he’s innocent).
8. Post prayer requests for Jahar to apps (Instapray and Prayers to Share) and websites (http://www.prayerrequest.com) and possibly include our blog’s URL.
That’s what I’ve got for now. If you’ve got any ideas, please post them in the comments.