Jahar’s friend Azamat Tazhayakov—Aza for short—was found guilty today on charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice. Sentencing will take place on October 16, and the maximum sentence is 25 years.
I know the focus of this blog is Jahar, but Aza (as well as Dias, Robel, and Khairullozhon) need prayer too. Please pray:
- For Aza and his family, that they would be comforted and strengthened during this difficult time
- For Aza’s sentence to be fair and just
- For God to providentially orchestrate what happens in Aza’s case as well as Jahar’s, Dias’, Robel’s, and Khair’s, that whatever the verdicts and sentences end up being will be exactly what they each need to come to faith in Christ
- For those of us on this blog who write Aza, that our letters would help keep him going and that we’d have the opportunity to share the Good News with him
- For Aza and Dias’ friendship to remain strong and not be fractured by their cases so that they’ll have each other to lean on for the duration of their time in prison
It’s only right in a post about praying for the five people facing charges connecting to the Boston Bombings that I remind everyone to continue praying for the victims and their families. While today’s verdict I’m sure satisfied them greatly, they are still in need of healing and the hope that Jesus Christ can bring.